THIS BLOG IS DEDICATED TO ALL BIKERS HERE IN THE U.S. AND WORLDWIDE. TO ALL VETERANS; THOSE LIVING AND TO THOSE WHO GAVE THE ULTIMATE SACRIFICE; TO THOSE CURRENTLY SERVING AND TO THOSE IN THE FUTURE, WHO WILL SERVE LONG AFTER WE HAVE GONE, TO PRESERVE THE FREEDOM THAT THOSE IN THE PAST, WE IN THE PRESENT AND THOSE IN THE FUTURE HAVE ENJOYED, ARE ENJOYING AND WILL ENJOY, AS WE RIDE FREE AND ENJOY LIFE ON OUR CHOSEN MODE OF TRANSPORTATION: MOTORCYCLES.

JOHN

NORTH TEXAS BIKERS




REMEMBER: IF YOU WANT TO SEE THE PICTURE BIGGER, JUST CLICK ON THE PICTURE.

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Tuesday's Ride to Chaps My Ass & The Harley Shop 11-04-08

This morning, Tuesday, 11-4-08, David called and wanted to ride the bikes up to Medicine Park Oklahoma, to Chaps My Ass and check on getting his drink holder fixed. On the way back he wanted to swing by Red River Harley Davidson and check in with Greg on a Toy Run we are getting involved in. Scroll down and check out today's ride and REMEMBER: IF YOU WANT TO SEE THE PICTURE BIGGER, JUST CLICK ON THE PICTURE!!



Here is David Northbound on I-44 as we head thru and out of Wichita Falls Texas.


David rolling down I-44 outside of Wichita Falls

Here we are approaching the I-44 bridge over the Red River. On the other side, the State of Oklahoma



Here is the sign showing the Burkburnett Texas city limits and the Red River sign



This is the Red River looking back to the East. More sand than water right now..




And here is the Oklahoma State Line sign on the other side..






As we go around the I-44 toll road, we start hitting the construction zones






Some of the leaves here are turning color..







That is Lawton Oklahoma up ahead and the Wichita Mountains on the other side of Lawton Oklahoma.








Here is the Key Gate to Ft. Sill Oklahoma. Ft. Sill is known for its Artillery School. I spent many a day calling fire at the impact range when I was a 13F (Forward Artillery Observer)









Here is the gate to the school side of Ft. Sill










And ye ol' water tower with the crossed cannons of Artillery on it..











Here is our exit to Medicine Park Oklahoma, home of Chaps My Ass












We stop at the Love's Gas Station so David can top off his gas tank. Going there, we had a 33 mph tail wind. Going home, it would be a head wind and that would cut into our gas mileage big time..













Going West on OK 49, we see the Chaps My Ass sign on the right














Some of the tree leaves in the area are already dark red














Others are still in the process of turning which make this a scenic ride from here to Chaps.
















Going down the back road into Medicine Park was colorful...

















And here we are at Chaps My Ass, 80.6 miles from our starting point in Wichita Falls Texas






Inside, we run into the ever busy Janelle. She took time out for a picture with me..I got crazy last week & shaved my beard and I am in the process of growing it back again..








Here is David & Janelle inside Chaps My Ass






















As we had a little time to wait for the owner to get there, I decided to take some pictures inside the store..Here are the cups















Here are the hats & posters. As I saw the original Easy Riders in the 60's, I also had the poster of Billy flipping the camera off poster in my barracks room..















Here are the bears, steins & cup holders













Sunglasses, model of Harley's and tour packs









The leathers, vests,& shirts and accessories toward the back




















More leathers, vests & shirts












More jackets & accessories












Patches & pins



The bikes out front of Chaps My Ass in Medicine park Oklahoma. For more info on Chaps My Ass, See this Link: http://www.chapsmyass.com/











Sitting on the bike in front of Chaps, looking forward at the neighborhood..It's a very nice place..








As we head out of Lawton and Southbound on I-44, we pass the Pro Team Harley Davidson Dealership on the right









On US 281/277 just before you get to Geronimo Oklahoma, we passed this place with the Harley Only Parking sign



The place was closed and we stopped to get the pictures..That's when we saw the other side of the business...It was a Topless bar out in the middle of nowhere...



Here sits David out front of that bar..Those round buildings behind him to the North are where you turn to get to Geronimo Oklahoma..
We turn Westbound on I-70 and continue back to Texas











We continue West on I-70










We get back Southbound on I-44 and approach the Red River..Now it is Texas on the other side









This is the Red River looking back to the West











And at last we pass our welcome home sign!!








We take I-44 to US 287 to the Red River Harley Davidson Dealership here in Wichita Falls. Naturally, I have to get the bikes, dealership & people pictures..Here is a Harley trike. For more on RRHD, see this link:
http://redriverharley-davidson.com/Default.asp






The trike from the other side







Here is that 99 Valkyrie trike with 1,200 miles on it for $15,000... I figured they would have sold it by now..



A pair of used Harley V-Rods for sale









More of the used Harley's for sale


Inside, we find Amber hard at work..








This is a picture of Phil & Greg. Phil is the co-founder of M.A.C. (Motorcycle Awareness CORPS)


This is Greg, Wendi & David. Wendi use to work for the Harley Dealership in Carrolton Texas. David & I met her when she was working here at Wal-Mart. David told her to get hold of Greg and she did.. It paid off for her as she now works here for Red River Harley and Greg says they are very pleased with her work..









As we were walking out of the dealership & fixin' to call it a day, I took this picture of the Harley by the front door..


Outside, Greg & David look at the Valkyrie Trike. This will conclude this post. We had a good ride today and it killed several hours. We got to see the folks at Chap My Ass and all our friends at Red River Harley..I look forward to our next ride, wherever it may take us.
Scroll down for more rides, events & posts and don't forget to click on the the "older posts" link at the bottom of EACH page for more posts back to January 08. Until next ride/post, be careful out there, ride safe and keep the rubber on the road....................JOHN

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

AHHH - TEXAS - I miss it!!

Look forward to reading more posts and seeing more pics!!