THIS BLOG IS DEDICATED TO ALL BIKERS HERE IN THE U.S. AND WORLDWIDE. TO ALL VETERANS; THOSE LIVING AND TO THOSE WHO GAVE THE ULTIMATE SACRIFICE; TO THOSE CURRENTLY SERVING AND TO THOSE IN THE FUTURE, WHO WILL SERVE LONG AFTER WE HAVE GONE, TO PRESERVE THE FREEDOM THAT THOSE IN THE PAST, WE IN THE PRESENT AND THOSE IN THE FUTURE HAVE ENJOYED, ARE ENJOYING AND WILL ENJOY, AS WE RIDE FREE AND ENJOY LIFE ON OUR CHOSEN MODE OF TRANSPORTATION: MOTORCYCLES.

JOHN

NORTH TEXAS BIKERS




REMEMBER: IF YOU WANT TO SEE THE PICTURE BIGGER, JUST CLICK ON THE PICTURE.

Sunday, June 1, 2008

My Brother Gets A Bike: April 08

In April 08, my brother Bob, who resides up in Michigan, told me he was thinking about getting another bike. The last time he had one was back in the 80's. A day or so later he called and told me he had bought a Honda VTX 1300.
He calls his bike "The Grey Ghost" and you'll see why when ya see the pictures..I had to laugh though. The same thing happened to him that happened to me when I bought my Vulcan. After a couple of weeks, he was kicking himself in the butt for not buying a bigger bike. But like me, I predict a bigger bike for him in the near future. Without further ado, here is his bike with him, his wife Sharon, their daughter Melanie & our Dad. REMEMBER: if ya want to see the pic bigger, click on the pic.


Here is Bob & Sharon fixin' to head out..Check the grin on Sharon. She loves to ride..Already bought herself a fringed leather jacket..


Here is Bob the day he brought the Grey Ghost home... He has turned it into a Geezer glide and has added the backrest, windshield & saddlebags...Welcome to the Geezer club Bob!! I am currently looking for a Geezer Glide patch for him so he can sew it onto his leather vest...


Another shot of Bob on the Grey Ghost.


The Grey Ghost prior to windshield & backrest..Sharon do love that backrest...If I didn't have one on mine, Janice would never ride with me....



Sharon ready to go...She wants me to quit taking pics so she can get on the bike & leave......




Gave up waiting on me to quit taking pics, so on she goes...

Bob & Sharon fixin' to head out..


And away they go!!! My bike has an EFI (Electronic Fuel Ignition). Bob's bike has the old self adjust carb & choke. The good thing about EFI's are: you don't have to adjust the carb or jack with the choke as it is automatically done for you. The bad thing about adjusting chokes and messing with carbs are: if you forget to turn on the gas or fail to adjust the choke, you get about one house down the street and the bike quits, as demonstrated here by Bob who forgot to readjust his choke..It has happened to me many times on previous bikes and to just about everybody who has owned a non EFI bike....I think Bob was speaking French about the time I took this picture and I don't think it was "merci beau coup"

We had a little family get together at Bob's in May. Here is Bob's daughter, Melanie on the bike..She loves the do-rag & sunglasses...She rides with Bob some too..



Another view of Mel on the bike...



Here is our Dad sitting on the bike. Dad used to have a bike and ride but one day when he & his friends were riding, a trash truck pulled out & ran over & killed one of the other guys with them. He hasn't been on a motorcycle since. This happened before I was born & I am 57 yrs old..


Another view of Dad on Bob's bike. When riding a motorcycle. you should never drink & drive. However, it is okay to sit on a bike & drink a cool one every now & then....That's it for this post.. I will be riding my bike up to Michigan in October to visit the folks and do some riding with Bob..I will also get to fill in some more states on the visited states map...Until next post, ya'll be safe and keep the rubber on the road........JOHN












1 comment:

Steve said...

Nice lookin' bikes! Glad you had a good time on your AZ ride--we'll catch ya on the east coast.

Cheers~

Steve