THIS BLOG IS DEDICATED TO ALL BIKERS HERE IN THE U.S. AND WORLDWIDE. TO ALL VETERANS; THOSE LIVING AND TO THOSE WHO GAVE THE ULTIMATE SACRIFICE; TO THOSE CURRENTLY SERVING AND TO THOSE IN THE FUTURE, WHO WILL SERVE LONG AFTER WE HAVE GONE, TO PRESERVE THE FREEDOM THAT THOSE IN THE PAST, WE IN THE PRESENT AND THOSE IN THE FUTURE HAVE ENJOYED, ARE ENJOYING AND WILL ENJOY, AS WE RIDE FREE AND ENJOY LIFE ON OUR CHOSEN MODE OF TRANSPORTATION: MOTORCYCLES.

JOHN

NORTH TEXAS BIKERS




REMEMBER: IF YOU WANT TO SEE THE PICTURE BIGGER, JUST CLICK ON THE PICTURE.

Saturday, May 3, 2008

Tucson Az Run 4-20-08 Day 9

On Sunday 4-20-08, Bill & I went in a different direction and ended up at Gates Pass. While there, we stopped to take pics on a pull off which was angled more steeply than I thought. As I put the kickstand down, the bike slid the other way & with some of the fingers of my right hand on the brake lever & the others on the throttle, when I jerked the bike up to keep from dumping it, I felt a pop and intense pain in my wrist. Guess I sprained it cause it swelled up & hurt the rest of the trip in Tucson..I have been back in Texas now 5 days and the swelling is gone and it is only painful when I lift stuff or apply pressure to it...Anyway, this is a pic of the Tucson Mountain Park that we went through. REMEMBER, if you want to see it bigger, click on the pic..


Me at the sign..

The road through the park to Gates Pass


Me at the pull off prior to Gates Pass.



Me 1/2 way up to Gates Pass



Another of me going to Gates Pass


Bill 1/2 up to Gates Pass


Gates Pass from the pull off where I sprained the wrist.. You can see the road up


Me at the pull off & Gates Pass off to my right.

Bill & his Triumph 1/2 way to Gates Pass

Bill & his Triumph at Gates Pass

Bill wandering around in the cacti

Me roaming around at the base of a Saguaro Cactus covered hill

The Saguaro covered hill we were at the base of...
That's it for this portion of the blog..Scroll down for more of the Tucson Az Run....John













No comments: