THIS BLOG IS DEDICATED TO ALL BIKERS HERE IN THE U.S. AND WORLDWIDE. TO ALL VETERANS; THOSE LIVING AND TO THOSE WHO GAVE THE ULTIMATE SACRIFICE; TO THOSE CURRENTLY SERVING AND TO THOSE IN THE FUTURE, WHO WILL SERVE LONG AFTER WE HAVE GONE, TO PRESERVE THE FREEDOM THAT THOSE IN THE PAST, WE IN THE PRESENT AND THOSE IN THE FUTURE HAVE ENJOYED, ARE ENJOYING AND WILL ENJOY, AS WE RIDE FREE AND ENJOY LIFE ON OUR CHOSEN MODE OF TRANSPORTATION: MOTORCYCLES.

JOHN

NORTH TEXAS BIKERS




REMEMBER: IF YOU WANT TO SEE THE PICTURE BIGGER, JUST CLICK ON THE PICTURE.

Saturday, May 3, 2008

Tucson Az Run 4-20-08 Day 9

Another view of the sign in Madera Canyon. REMEMBER: if you want to see it bigger, click the pic.


An information posting of what to look for and what can be found in Madera Canyon..And that ain't Yogi & Boo Boo..

After leaving Madera Canyon, we rode back to Tucson and Bill switched out bikes. He got on his Modified Harley Sportster and we headed out to the Saguaro National Park. I found out it isn't pronounced Cigaro, it's Sue-war-oh.


Bill at the sign



Another of Bill at the sign




The bikes at the Saguaro National Park, Arizona sign


A cholla cactus..This has little circular bunches of thorns that are barbed and all you have to do is brush up against them and they are embedded in your flesh..


Here is Bill with some cholla cactus thorns on his leather..



Not to be out done, I leaned up against this cholla and got some thorns on my vest. This endeavor almost ended in disaster cause while I was leaning over, I forgot about the thorns at my crotch..Bill warned me about 100th of a second before contact..I owe ya my life Bill!!! Mucho Gracious for the heads up...(No pun intended)


Bill out amongst the prickly pears, chollas, Barrel cactus & Saguaro. He was yakkin at Dale making sure he was gonna meet us later on.


The not so friendly desert


Enroute we had to pass over, you guessed it, Gates Pass. More pics taken there. Me & the bikes

Me & the bikes..Bill's Sportster is to my left..Quick bike it is, I might add

Bill's Sportster

Da bikes at Gates Pass



Another of the bikes at Gates Pass

Another of me at Gates Pass. That is the Bushmaster Memorial behind me.

Our destination: Tiny's Restaurant. Bill on the veranda while we waited on Dale..This will end this portion of the blog..Scroll down for more of the Tucson Az Run........JOHN

















No comments: