THIS BLOG IS DEDICATED TO ALL BIKERS HERE IN THE U.S. AND WORLDWIDE. TO ALL VETERANS; THOSE LIVING AND TO THOSE WHO GAVE THE ULTIMATE SACRIFICE; TO THOSE CURRENTLY SERVING AND TO THOSE IN THE FUTURE, WHO WILL SERVE LONG AFTER WE HAVE GONE, TO PRESERVE THE FREEDOM THAT THOSE IN THE PAST, WE IN THE PRESENT AND THOSE IN THE FUTURE HAVE ENJOYED, ARE ENJOYING AND WILL ENJOY, AS WE RIDE FREE AND ENJOY LIFE ON OUR CHOSEN MODE OF TRANSPORTATION: MOTORCYCLES.

JOHN

NORTH TEXAS BIKERS




REMEMBER: IF YOU WANT TO SEE THE PICTURE BIGGER, JUST CLICK ON THE PICTURE.

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Eddie Hill's Dragster & Dragboat 10-1-08

Today, Wednesday, 10-1-08, Janice came back to The Great State of Texas, from the Great Southern State of Alabama. Prior to her arrival, I called down to Eddie Hill's Fun Cycles, to price a new front tire for Ms Clone, as the current tire has over 15,000 miles on it and is starting to get as smooth as a baby's butt. While waiting for Russ (parts guy) to look up the price, I was listening to the phone stuff (I was on hold) and I learned that Eddie had his dragster and drag boat, on display in the upper show room. So, when Janice got home, we went down to Eddie Hill's and took some pictures. For more on Eddie Hill's, click the following link: http://www.eddiehillsfuncycles.com/. Scroll down and check out Eddie's Hill's dragster & drag boat that he set world record speed & times on land and water with and REMEMBER: IF YOU WANT TO SEE THE PICTURE BIGGER, JUST CLICK ON THE PICTURE!!


I was working on the blog when Janice got home and this is my blog editor, Tigger, in her usual position when I do these posts. Janice, of course, calls her Psycho or The Cat From Hell...They don't get along..


When Janice & I got to Eddie Hill's , we saw and talked with Big Trey & Mark. Trey is the GM/CEO/Co-Owner of Eddie Hills Fun Cycles and Mark is one of the sales staff. Trey & Mark did an outstanding job getting me on Ms Clone. I am proud to call these guys friends and I highly recommend them to all who go to Eddie Hill's to buy a bike..They will do you right..


In the other showroom, is Eddie Hill's Pennzoil Dragster that he set the world record in


Here is Eddie Hill's drag boat that he set the world speed record in..


Eddie wasn't there today, so Janice had to settle for a hug with Eddie's cutout..She made me wait until no one was around because she was embarrassed. I hope Eddie will be there one of the days that Janice goes with me and she can meet him and get her picture taken with him..I think this Saturday is the Eddie Hill Fun Cycle open house & he & Ercie should be there...I'll take her down..Stay tuned for that post Saturday night (Oct 4, 08) and see if she gets to meet Eddie Hill & his wife Ercie..


Another view of Eddie Hill's drag boat...Eddie has several and next time he has the 412 there, I will try & get a picture of it...May be there this Saturday..I will go to EddieHill's first and then a PGR Meet & Greet afterwards..Will have posts of both, Saturday night...


Another view of the Dragster.


A couple of bikes Eddie use to race. These sit right above his office...

Another view of the Drag boat..


A different view of Eddie's dragster..


Janice & the pink four wheelers.. Ya'll get ready for this because I about fell over when she said it: Janice said, today, Wednesday, 10-1-08 that if I bought her a trike, she would ride with us..I had to go smell her breath and give her a sobriety test cause I thought she'd been hitting the NyQuil again..But, she said it has to be an automatic because she doesn't have a clue as how to shift...Well, hell is beginning to freeze over...And yes, she knows that these are 4-wheelers and yes, she knows what a trike is..May have to intro her to Rebecca so she can show Janice the in's & out's of trikes. I have never been on one myself..


As we left the showroom and started out to the car, I had to take this picture of Trey to prove to everyone that in addition to being an all around nice guy, he also has to work & slave at a job as you now see & have proof of.. He is a lot of fun and has a great sense of humor..


I am really having mixed emotions about my next bike..I really want to get another Harley, but I am in LOVE with this 08 Vulcan 2000. They say if you are rolling down the highway at 70 mph or more and you crack the throttle, you better be hanging on because the bike will try to unass you. I have heard this from more than one owner and I know I will have a big decision to make. But I told Janice I will get the Harley and if I am not happy, then I can always sell the Harley & get this..Tell ya what, it's always something. Just when ya think you have it figured out, something always happens to screw up the works..

That will conclude this post..If anyone knows where I can find a trike with an automatic transmission, let me know...Had a good time down at Eddie Hill's and talking with Trey & Mark. Scroll down for more rides, events & posts and don't forget to click on the "older posts" link at the bottom of EACH page for more posts, back to January 08. Until next ride & post, be careful out there, ride safe and keep the rubber on the road..........JOHN


2 comments:

4man42 said...

John, tell Janice to go for the trike!

Belt Drive said...

Back in the day and I do mean way back, when I was crew chief on the Green Mamba Jet Dragster I had the pleasure of meeting Eddie - he's quite a guy! He was quite a driver too be it on water or the track.

I remember when Jimmy Deist of Deist Safety and Eddie raced in Phoenix at the water track - that was a sight and a half!

You brought up a lot of old memories with this post!