THIS BLOG IS DEDICATED TO ALL BIKERS HERE IN THE U.S. AND WORLDWIDE. TO ALL VETERANS; THOSE LIVING AND TO THOSE WHO GAVE THE ULTIMATE SACRIFICE; TO THOSE CURRENTLY SERVING AND TO THOSE IN THE FUTURE, WHO WILL SERVE LONG AFTER WE HAVE GONE, TO PRESERVE THE FREEDOM THAT THOSE IN THE PAST, WE IN THE PRESENT AND THOSE IN THE FUTURE HAVE ENJOYED, ARE ENJOYING AND WILL ENJOY, AS WE RIDE FREE AND ENJOY LIFE ON OUR CHOSEN MODE OF TRANSPORTATION: MOTORCYCLES.

JOHN

NORTH TEXAS BIKERS




REMEMBER: IF YOU WANT TO SEE THE PICTURE BIGGER, JUST CLICK ON THE PICTURE.

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Harley Hunting Begins 8-26-08

Today, Tuesday, 8-26-08, I rode over to Steve & Sissy's house to meet with Sissy to go down to the Four Stars Auto Ranch/Motorcycle Ranch in Henrietta Texas, to begin my hunt for my Harley. I know the local Harley shop has good deals on used Harley's, but Four Stars has GREAT deals on used Harley's, and that is why I will buy my used Harley there. Now, if it comes down to a new Harley, then I may go to the local Harley dealership. I will give the address & phone numbers to Four Stars Auto Ranch at the end of this post because they also have GREAT deals on New & Used cars & trucks. Scroll down and check out the bike I would give Ms. Clone up for and REMEMBER: IF YOU WANT TO SEE THE PICTURE BIGGER, JUST CLICK ON THE PICTURE...


Here is Sissy standing by her & Steve's new Toy Hauler...They've already been weekending in it up at the Wichita Mountains in Oklahoma. That is also her Harley.


Another view of the Toy Hauler..In addition to sleeping in it, they can also haul their bikes around in it, hence the nickname: "Toy Hauler"..


This is Four Stars Auto/Motorcycle Ranch in Henrietta Texas. They have a multitude of great bikes at great prices. (for more info, click on the following link: http://www.fourstarsautoranch.com/used.asp ). I am interested in the white Ultra Classic, 4th one down..


Here are some of the bikes on the lot for sale. They also have more inside.


Here it is...Thing is loaded..I am afraid that Ms. Clone & I are soon to be divorced.. Ms Harley may be in the garage soon..


Side view of the Harley I want..Only one obstacle in my way: Janice....


The fairing & lights on the Harley..

This is from left to right: Robert, owner of Four Stars Auto/MC Ranch and Charlie, sales manager of Four Stars Motorcycle Ranch. Robert was telling us that when he and some friends were returning from Mexico on their bikes, a deer leaped from the side of the road and landed on Robert & his bike. It broke both his wrists, his left knee in 5 places and a rib or two. But, he still rides. As a matter of fact, that is Robert's Screaming Eagle they are standing at.


Another picture of Robert & Charlie, inside Four Stars Motorcycle Ranch.


After agreeing to get back with Charlie, Sissy & I headed back to Wichita Falls, taking the back roads around Lake Arrowhead. Here is Sissy going across the dam.


Another view of Sissy crossing the Lake Arrowhead Dam. Ya know, I must of had a brain fart, because I did not get a picture of Sissy with Robert & Charlie. She is good friends with them both & she was the one that intro'd me to them...


Just before doing this post, I checked my e-mail and my brother Bob, in Michigan sent me this picture of him and my niece Melanie. They just got back from a run up there & helped raise $69,000 for the Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation. Way to go bro!! and that's a great picture of you & Mel..

That will terminate this post. I now have to go into negotiations with my wife Janice on the bike. It will be a big trade off because she wants that style of Harley with the comfy passenger seat and I don't like fairing's...So, now the fun begins. However, I think I stand a better chance of getting to be Louis Farrakhan's 2nd in command than getting this bike..Time will tell.

If you are looking for a good used Harley or any kind of bike, or looking for a new or used car, I suggest ya try Four Stars Auto Ranch/Motorcycle Ranch in Henrietta Texas. They are located at Hwy 287/Hwy 148 Henrietta Texas. Give Charlie a call at the M/C Ranch at 940-538-4400. He will work with you and give you the best deal possible. For the new/used cars call toll free 800-299-4782. the link has all the used M/C 's listed.

http://www.fourstarsautoranch.com/used.asp

Scroll down for more rides, events & posts and don't forget to click on the "older posts" link at the bottom of EACH page for more rides & posts back to January 08. Until next ride & post, ride safe & keep the rubber on the road....JOHN




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

John - get the Ultra Classic. You can always take stuff off or not use some of the bells & whistles - but it's damn expensive to add stuff that you wish you had!


Kevin

Anonymous said...

Great blog, love all the pics! Thanks for the blogroll link trade too! :)

Good luck on your negotiations ;) I love our Road Glide.