THIS BLOG IS DEDICATED TO ALL BIKERS HERE IN THE U.S. AND WORLDWIDE. TO ALL VETERANS; THOSE LIVING AND TO THOSE WHO GAVE THE ULTIMATE SACRIFICE; TO THOSE CURRENTLY SERVING AND TO THOSE IN THE FUTURE, WHO WILL SERVE LONG AFTER WE HAVE GONE, TO PRESERVE THE FREEDOM THAT THOSE IN THE PAST, WE IN THE PRESENT AND THOSE IN THE FUTURE HAVE ENJOYED, ARE ENJOYING AND WILL ENJOY, AS WE RIDE FREE AND ENJOY LIFE ON OUR CHOSEN MODE OF TRANSPORTATION: MOTORCYCLES.

JOHN

NORTH TEXAS BIKERS




REMEMBER: IF YOU WANT TO SEE THE PICTURE BIGGER, JUST CLICK ON THE PICTURE.

Saturday, August 2, 2008

IMPROMPTU SATURDAY 8-2-08 PART I

On Saturday, 8-2-08, I got a call from Sissy & Steve and they said a bunch were meeting down at the RED RIVER HARLEY-DAVIDSON DEALERSHIP (RRHD)at 3:30 pm to see how the Rest Stop for Sturgis Riders was going. RRHD was running the rest stop, from 8-1-08-(6pm) thru 8-3-08 (6pm), around the clock for the riders coming through the area enroute to South Dakota for the Annual Sturgis Run. Well, we went there and then things just went like they always do, off in a totally different direction. Scroll down and check out Part I of the Impromptu Saturday events and REMEMBER: IF YOU WANT TO SEE THE PICTURES BIGGER, JUST CLICK ON THE PICTURES...



First thing Sissy did was take me inside the Dealership & showed me the 2009 Heritage Softtails. I fell in love immediately with this gray one..


Here's Pattie inside looking at the 2009 line of Harley Davidson's.


Rodney inside looking at the new bikes with me

Here is Ronnie showing me the thickness of the stack of $100 bills I would need to get that Heritage.


Sissy, Ronnie & Pattie inside of RRHD enjoying the air conditioning...

Vicki & Rodney having a good time inside..


This is Amber & Sarah, sales persons at RED RIVER HARLEY-DAVIDSON.

Gloria, Lance & Vicki have a group hug as Pattie looks on..


Charles looks up at the menace standing over him....Charles is a good guy & I knew him when he was a mere Captain at the Ambulance Service...


Here is Gloria, Lance & Vicki engaged in yet another group hug as Pattie still looks on..


Here is Gloria, Big Mike's wife...I finally got her name right. I have just been calling her, Mike's wife...That's what happens when ya suffer from severe CRS..


Garland is laid back & trying to catch some Z's but I keep taking pictures. I think he had been at the rest stop working for quite awhile and was tired. My hat goes off to the guys & gals that worked that tent, it was flat HOT out today. And it's supposed to get up to 109 degrees tomorrow...

And the group poses for one more and final group hug...Gloria, Lance & Vicki...


This is Gloria, Charles's wife..She puts up with a lot from me and hasn't knocked me on my butt yet...But the chances of her doing it increases with the temperature...


Gloria (Mike's Wife) , Vicki, Ted & Rodney. That big black thing next to Rodney is one of those big $2,200 shop fans


This is Jennie, another sales person at RRHD..


Me, Charles, Ronnie, the unknown picturee & Mike..

Lance cooling off in front of the big fan..Later we went to a steakhouse and believe it or not, it was cooler outside in front of those fans than it was inside that steakhouse..


Me, Charles, Ronnie, the unknown picturee & Mike


Mike & Greg.. Both are former co-workers of mine and in the Blue Knights Tx XX.


Big Mike & Greg with his daughter on his lap, in front of the fans.


Mike, showing the love & Greg kick back and enjoy the breeze...

Mike can cook/BBQ like no other..Here he is in front of the cooker, swelling up with pride..


As I took this picture, Mike told me that some people smoke pot. He smokes mesquite. And that is exactly what that smoke is from. Mesquite from the local area..Gives the food that Texas taste..


Here are Robert & Ted taking it easy in the shade..Robert is Janis's husband..

Here are Amber & Sarah, getting some extras put on their hotdogs by Gloria...


Sissy hits the mother lode!!! She loves Frito's and she just made a BIG score!!! Even shared some of the find with me....Thanks Sissy!!!


Sissy & Pattie..These two must of been Siamese twins at one point in their lives..They are still inseparable..As good friends should be...


Sissy, Vicki & Rodney..Vicki is fixin' to come over and "hide" my camera in a body crevice...I mean, look at that look!! I know the thoughts there, close to the surface....

Steve & Sissy...He worked all day in the heat & then came out in it for more. That's dedication especially when it's over 100 degrees

Here is Ted, a fellow PGR member..I agree with his T-shirt 100% as do 99.9% of the folks who read it..But there is always one that won't agree. They belong out at Lakeside U.



The Harley Davidson smoker be smokin' & smellin' mighty good!!!


Ronnie, Charles & Gloria get together for one last pic before we depart for downtown..These are some good folks.


Ronnie by his trike. I think he said awhile back that it is a 47 Panhead...


Last but not least, the final picture of Part I, the tent under which the tired riders to Sturgis can sit under and enjoy cold drinks and hot food, while they rest up..They can also go inside the dealership where the new bikes are, friendly sales staff wait, cold air conditioning blows and puddles of my tears still are on the floor by that 2009 Heritage that I love but is a love not meant to be.

That will do it for Part I. Scroll Down for Part II of the Impromptu Saturday 8-02-08 and check out the rest of the unplanned events that happened as they usually do when we all get together...Be sure to continue scrolling down for more posts & events & don't forget to click on the "older posts" link at the bottom of EACH page for more of the same, back to Jan. 08.....Until the next ride & post, please be careful, ride safe, keep the wind in your hair & the rubber on the road................................JOHN a.k.a. Snapshot










No comments: