THIS BLOG IS DEDICATED TO ALL BIKERS HERE IN THE U.S. AND WORLDWIDE. TO ALL VETERANS; THOSE LIVING AND TO THOSE WHO GAVE THE ULTIMATE SACRIFICE; TO THOSE CURRENTLY SERVING AND TO THOSE IN THE FUTURE, WHO WILL SERVE LONG AFTER WE HAVE GONE, TO PRESERVE THE FREEDOM THAT THOSE IN THE PAST, WE IN THE PRESENT AND THOSE IN THE FUTURE HAVE ENJOYED, ARE ENJOYING AND WILL ENJOY, AS WE RIDE FREE AND ENJOY LIFE ON OUR CHOSEN MODE OF TRANSPORTATION: MOTORCYCLES.

JOHN

NORTH TEXAS BIKERS




REMEMBER: IF YOU WANT TO SEE THE PICTURE BIGGER, JUST CLICK ON THE PICTURE.

Monday, September 15, 2008

The" Black Knight" Goes to The Doctor 9-15-08

Today, Monday, 9-15-08, I went over to meet Russ at his place. Seems the "Black Knight" had to go to the shop & get some preventative work done. So, I rode Ms Clone over to his house, he got the "Black Knight" out of the garage, I put Ms Clone in his garage, and then got in Russ's new pickup truck and followed him to the motorcycle shop, Red River Harley Davidson. Scroll down for this brief post and REMEMBER: IF YOU WANT TO SEE THE PICTURE BIGGER, CLICK ON THE PICTURE.




Here is Russ's Harley, "the Black Knight". Seems the Black Knight has a slight drip, as can be seen by the drops on the concrete below the "Knight". In my days, we didn't call them oil leaks, we said the Harley was marking it's territory..

I parked Ms Clone in Russ's garage before we headed out to the Harley Dealership.

Russ's Harley waiting to go North.

Last view of the Black Knight prior to heading out.

Russ's truck that he trusted me to drive. And other than hitting the curbs 5 times, I made it to the Harley place just fine..And don't worry Russ, it only pulls to the right a little bit but smooths out and quits shimmying at about 90 mph.


After the clouds yesterday, there were zero floating around today..



While waiting for Russ to come out of the house, I walked over to the ditch & took the picture of this sunflower. I am going to make an 8 x 10 of these pictures and put them up in my backyard in hopes that some doves land. It is Dove season.. When they land, I will shoot them and eat them. Yes, I am a member of P.E.T.A. (People Eating Tasty Animals)

Another sunflower to lure the unsuspecting doves into an encounter with Mr. 12 gauge...


Russ reminds me again that I am "numba one G.I."

We head down the road with me steering with one hand and picture taking with the other. And they told me I couldn't multi-task...Ha! a pox on them I say...


Russ stopped at McNeil & CallField Rd.


Here we head through the intersection of McNiel & Kell West


Northbound on Loop11. We took this down to US 287.


We arrive at Red River Harley Davidson with no incidents


There sits The Black Knight., all alone in the service bay



I wander aimlessly about the Harley shop. Here is a sign inside Greg's office. He is in charge of the Rider's Edge Program at Red River Harley Davidson..


Here is Russ, signing the Harley in. It should be ready for pickup tomorrow afternoon.


Back in Greg's office, I see Greg & Russ going over some notes on the next Rider's Edge course. Russ is also an instructor in the program.


For those of you with new bikes and have only heard about Gremlin Bells, here is a whole case full. Scroll down and somewhere in posts from the past, there is the history of the Gremlin bell and the do's & don'ts of using one & where to put them on your ride. (Update: 9-16-08.... The Gremlin Bell story was posted on 3-28-08)

Here is one of the Buell m/c's that are used in the Rider's Edge courses..




Greg & Russ still in a talk about the course program




As I wander aimlessly about the dealership, I find my favorite sales person, Jennie. I asked an employee to take our pic and he did. I ask Jennie where he worked at as I hadn't seen him before. She told me she didn't know because he was a customer...


As a matter of fact, we had him take two in case he screwed the first one up....


Next, I followed Jennie over to Sarah and got their picture.







Then I see Amber walking over. So, I get a picture of Jennie & Amber together. It was at this point that I discovered Amber was Jennie & Sarah's boss...



The clock on the wall says it's time to adios.


Or was it this clock? One thing they do not have a shortage on are clocks


And here is some of the "stock" on the showroom floor






Clocks? Did someone mention Clocks?


And one to go....


Next, we drove down to Henrietta Texas to look at the bikes there and when we got there, we found out they were closed on Monday


We drove over to the service department at the Auto Ranch, and as Russ talked to a service manager, I took this picture of his wheel. A picture that I am sure he is impressed with and will not soon forget..


Here is the front of the Auto Ranch looking to the West. That white building is the motorcycle ranch



As we drove back into Wichita Falls, we drove by the site of yesterday's plane crash in which my eye doctor, Dr. Harrington was killed. Here is his plane



His plane. It crashed in the front area of a church on Sunday Morning..



Another of his plane

Final picture of his plane as they prepare to put the remains of it on a flatbed..

This will conclude this post. Scroll down for more rides, events and posts and be sure to click on the "older posts" link at the bottom of EACH page for more posts back to January 08. Until next ride and post, ya'll be careful, ride safe, and keep the rubber on the road...........John








No comments: