THIS BLOG IS DEDICATED TO ALL BIKERS HERE IN THE U.S. AND WORLDWIDE. TO ALL VETERANS; THOSE LIVING AND TO THOSE WHO GAVE THE ULTIMATE SACRIFICE; TO THOSE CURRENTLY SERVING AND TO THOSE IN THE FUTURE, WHO WILL SERVE LONG AFTER WE HAVE GONE, TO PRESERVE THE FREEDOM THAT THOSE IN THE PAST, WE IN THE PRESENT AND THOSE IN THE FUTURE HAVE ENJOYED, ARE ENJOYING AND WILL ENJOY, AS WE RIDE FREE AND ENJOY LIFE ON OUR CHOSEN MODE OF TRANSPORTATION: MOTORCYCLES.

JOHN

NORTH TEXAS BIKERS




REMEMBER: IF YOU WANT TO SEE THE PICTURE BIGGER, JUST CLICK ON THE PICTURE.

Monday, September 8, 2008

Takin' Care Of Business 9-8-08

On Monday, 9-8-09, I got up with several things planned. First of all, I had to run downtown & check the Blue Knights Mail and then I had to run out to the Red River Harley-Davidson Dealership. The purpose being was Greg, our Chapter Secretary/Treasurer, was back from the big Harley 105th Anniversary Bash in Milwaukee Wisconsin and was back at work at the Dealership (he runs the Riders Edge Program at the dealership.) You can check out the Rider's Edge program & the Red River Harley-Davidson Dealership at this link:
http://redriverharley-davidson.com/ . Scroll down & check out this brief ride and REMEMBER: IF YOU WANT TO SEE THE PICTURE BIGGER, JUST CLICK ON THE PICTURE.


First stop today was the main Post Office located at 10th & Lamar in downtown Wichita Falls Texas. There is Ms Clone parked & ready to head out when I finish.


This is Pete who was sitting there enjoying the weather. Pete told me he is 72 years old and would be 73 in Nov. He then told me the history of the Post Office building. He said he was 10 years old when it was built and I figured that would make it around 1946, right after World war II, when the U.S. went through a tremendous growth & building time


This is Greg (sitting down) and Collin standing up. Collin is the dealerships Computer Guru. Greg's mail from the Post Office is on the table. See, told ya I was on a mail mission.


This is Rob, Greg & Collin. The goggle's Greg is wearing simulates what your vision would be like with a .10 BAC (blood Alcohol Content) or in layman's terms: legally drunk. He passed them around and the guys staggered around the table. I told Greg I was a former professional drinker and to let me try on those goggles as they may improve my vision. I put them on, stood up, wobbled and about fell on my butt and then sat back down. So much for being a professional drinker. It's apparently a young man's sport now & another old age caused casualty of mine..


This is Amber. She is one of the sales folks at Red River Harley-Davidson. I took her picture with Jennie back at the Sturgis rest stop at the dealership. When ya scroll down and come to that post, check her & the other folks out that were there that day.


I can't leave the dealership without getting some pictures on the showroom floor and the used bikes out front. Here are some of the inside bikes.


The big cruisers or lotto bikes as I call them, as I would have to win the lotto to get one..

This is the 105th Anniversary Edition that I would like to have.


The clock on the wall says it's time to go...


The used Harley's outside. Great bikes also. Janice said I can get one next year...Now it's countdown time..Just like the old SHORT calenders we use to have overseas when we marked down the days of our tour remaining. I am still a three digit midget...


Ms Clone sits almost along amongst the Harley's. It was 2 pm and we had a storm moving in, which may have been the reason it was a little slow. It is usually very busy at RED RIVER HARLEY-DAVIDSON

The large Harley Sign out front. You can see the sign from a mile or so away as you come to the US 287/City View exit in Wichita Falls Texas. I do believe me & Ms Clone are in for some moisture & it ain't gonna be the usual sweat kind


Another view of the sign as the leading edge of the storm comes in from the West.



The front of the Red River Harley-Davidson dealership in Wichita Falls Texas.


Thought this was different.. I guess this is a toy hauler too?


Some of the bikes parked by the entrance to the dealership.

Another view of the Harley & trailer & a Harley riding with them

This will conclude this post. I had fun doing the solo thing today and visiting friends at RRHD. We have a big ride coming up on Sept 20, 08. The Blue Knights Tx XX, friends and families are riding down to Strokers in Dallas (about 130 miles South of Wichita Falls).
So, scroll on down to view other rides, events & post and don't forget to click on the "older Posts" link at the bottom of EACH page for more posts back to January 08. So, until the next ride/post, ya'll be careful out there, ride safe & keep the rubber on the road.............JOHN


No comments: