THIS BLOG IS DEDICATED TO ALL BIKERS HERE IN THE U.S. AND WORLDWIDE. TO ALL VETERANS; THOSE LIVING AND TO THOSE WHO GAVE THE ULTIMATE SACRIFICE; TO THOSE CURRENTLY SERVING AND TO THOSE IN THE FUTURE, WHO WILL SERVE LONG AFTER WE HAVE GONE, TO PRESERVE THE FREEDOM THAT THOSE IN THE PAST, WE IN THE PRESENT AND THOSE IN THE FUTURE HAVE ENJOYED, ARE ENJOYING AND WILL ENJOY, AS WE RIDE FREE AND ENJOY LIFE ON OUR CHOSEN MODE OF TRANSPORTATION: MOTORCYCLES.

JOHN

NORTH TEXAS BIKERS




REMEMBER: IF YOU WANT TO SEE THE PICTURE BIGGER, JUST CLICK ON THE PICTURE.

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Dogs & Roadsters & Harley's, Oh My!! 9-17-08

Wednesday, 9-17-08, proved to be a more different day than usual. For starters, I had to take one of the dogs to the vet for shots. As I don't have a car, she got to go in a pet carrier strapped to the passenger seat of Ms. Clone. Then, I got a call from Russ, who was back at the Harley shop due to some electrical problems brought on by a slight error when they were putting his Ultra Classic back together the other day, and he needed a ride home. That's when we saw the Roadster. Then, we ran into one of our local motorcycle officers on one of the new Harley police bikes. Then we went to Four Stars Motorcycle Ranch in Henrietta to look at the used Harley's and Russ was looking for some parts that the Harley Shop here didn't have in stock. Scroll down for today's events and REMEMBER: IF YOU WANT TO SEE THE PICTURE BIGGER, JUST CLICK ON THE PICTURE!!

Here is one soon to be unhappy dog in the dog carrier on the back of Ms Clone.. Ellie had no idea she was not going for a walk, but on a ride to the vet..

Here she is still looking around in a semi happy state of doggie mind..

Here she is, about 8 miles later, at the vet and not a happy dog... I think she is not the motorcycle type..


Got Ellie her shots & took her home. Next, I went over to get Russ's truck to drive down to Red River Harley Davidson to pick him up, as he had to leave his Harley,"The Black Knight", there for minor repairs. I offered to pick him up on Ms Clone and let him ride bitch back to his house..He was not amused...


So, here is his pickup truck I got to drive for the second day in a row. I am logging more hours in his truck in two days, than I have in Janice's PT Cruiser all month.


This is where we met Tracie and Lance. Lance is the president of the Road Devils Car Club of North Texas & Southern Oklahoma.

And now we come to the Roadster portion of the post. This is Lance & Tracie in his 1921 Dodge Roadster that he built and is adding extras to..


The engine to Lance's Roadster


The front f the Roadster. You have to click on the picture to blow it up and check all the novel items he has incorporated into this Roadster.


The interior of the Roadster. You have to like that bottom cap opener...Among other things...


Another view of the Roadster's interior


Every time he gets stopped by the police, Lance puts this decal on the side of the roadster. White means no ticket. Red means a ticket..So far, Lance says he gets stopped because the police are curious and want to check the Roadster out and he has received no tickets as of yet.

The rear of the roadster. Gotta love his sense of humor..While I am thinking of it, if any of you viewers know where he might get the yoke & column off of a B-17 or any other WWII vintage aircraft, let me know and I will put Lance in touch with you. He wants to replace the steering wheel with a wheel (yoke) from a WWII era aircraft..


And we come to the final part of the post, the Harley's. On the way down to Henrietta Texas to look at the used Harley's, we passed Officer Powell sitting on Holliday St. He has one of four of the new Harley Police bikes. The new bikes have the 110 cu in Screaming Eagle engine and is black with new logo's. This one has L.E.D. lights along the windshield and are in the evaluation stage only.


Here is the full view of the new W.F.P.D Police bikes with a grinning Officer Powell on board


The other side of the new WFPD police bike



We get down to Four Stars Motorcycle Ranch in Henrietta Texas and as Russ looks for parts, I start slobbering on the bikes.


A whole line of Softtails on the West side of the building that I did not know they had..


This 08 105th Anniversary Edition and the 07 red one next to it, are what I want..Either or...


And then, they had these. I liked these but my butt started hurting just looking at them...Oh, to be 35 years younger and rich....

That will conclude this post. I had fun today scaring the crap out of the dog, meeting Lance & Traci, seeing their Roadster and of course, ogling the Harley's. Next year won't get here fast enough...Maybe God is teaching me patience...

Scroll down for more rides, events & posts and don't forget to click on the "older posts" link at the bottom of EACH page for more posts back to January 08. Until next ride & post, ya'll be careful out there, ride safe, and keep the rubber on the road.........JOHN




2 comments:

Mr. Motorcycle said...

Soooo, Why do the cops ride Harleys?
Ummmm, I know, I know, Pick me!
"Cause they are the best damn bikes on the face of this planet, That's why!"

O.K. just my opinion, but I think it every time I get on my Harley, and also every time I see a cop on one.

Also,
I'm familiar with the slobbering on the bikes thing. LOL!

Kano said...

The pics of Ellie on the bike cracked me up! That must have been the ride of her life. -Yep, those are some lucky cops with their new Road King's.