THIS BLOG IS DEDICATED TO ALL BIKERS HERE IN THE U.S. AND WORLDWIDE. TO ALL VETERANS; THOSE LIVING AND TO THOSE WHO GAVE THE ULTIMATE SACRIFICE; TO THOSE CURRENTLY SERVING AND TO THOSE IN THE FUTURE, WHO WILL SERVE LONG AFTER WE HAVE GONE, TO PRESERVE THE FREEDOM THAT THOSE IN THE PAST, WE IN THE PRESENT AND THOSE IN THE FUTURE HAVE ENJOYED, ARE ENJOYING AND WILL ENJOY, AS WE RIDE FREE AND ENJOY LIFE ON OUR CHOSEN MODE OF TRANSPORTATION: MOTORCYCLES.

JOHN

NORTH TEXAS BIKERS




REMEMBER: IF YOU WANT TO SEE THE PICTURE BIGGER, JUST CLICK ON THE PICTURE.

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Tuesday's Day Stuff & Tuesday Nights Dinner 9-16-08

Today, Tuesday 8-16-08, started off just like every other Tuesday. David called me up & we rode the bikes to lunch. Then, we split up and I went to a Doctor's appointment. Then I lounged around the house for a bit and then it was off to dinner with the group. Tonight we went to Cheddar's and had some new folks with us. So, scroll down and check out my typical Tuesday. The dinner's always a lot of fun and tonight's no exception..REMEMBER: IF YOU WANT TO SEE THE PICTURE BIGGER, JUST CLICK ON THE PICTURE.


I rode Ms Clone to the Dr. Appointment and here she is out in the parking lot...


A view of the parking lot & Ms Clone from the entrance to the Dr's Office.


The sign on the West boundary of the clinic, stating who was in the office.


Here is my Doc, Lori and Tina, her R.N. I really like these two and have a blast cutting up with them.


Here is Doc Lori and Tina in the hallway. They can give as well as take in the joking department, as most doc's & nurses can. I can honestly say that in the 27 years I was an officer, I never arrested or wrote a ticket to a Doc or nurse, cop, firefighter or biker..


Here is my wife Janice's foot all wrapped up after getting the cortisone (?) shots. I call those shots "hot" shots because they burn when the injection is given....Needless to say, Janice did not go to dinner with us tonight. She sat at home and ate pain pills...


Here is a quick look at what Janice has accomplished around the house: my cactus garden (backyard)


Rose Bushes (front yard)

Rose Bushes backyard


Rose bushes at the side 0f the house


The Guardian Mutt's, Ellie & Scarlett. The one laying down is Ellie. I call her "DOS" for dog on speed as she never slows down.. They may be small & Janice's dogs but they are great watchdogs!!!


Last picture of the yard..This is Texas Sage and the real green one is Honeysuckle. The sage only blooms when it rains... Now, back to the bike stuff.


We met at Cheddar's on Kell West at 6:30 PM. Here are David, Tammy & Rodney walking towards Cheddar's & away from the bikes.


Here are Vicki's white Harley, Sissy's yellow Harley & Steve's black/silver Harley.


Another view of Vicki's, Steve's & Sissy's Harley's in the parking lot of Cheddars...



Sissy got the names of her Grand kids put on her bike in Hot Springs Arkansas at the Hot Springs Rally last weekend.


Another view. Sissy, ya done good and that Pinstripe guy did a GREAT job!!


Here is Russ's bike, "The Black Knight" that Russ picked up from the RRHD Dealership Service Department, shortly before dinner



Here is Rodney's Harley in the parking lot.


Pattie's artwork on her fairing. Great looking spiderweb & spider!


Pattie's name on her fender..Looks great!!


Pattie's Harley and Kevin & Deborah's Harley...


This is Lance's Harley & his pride & joy. Those pipes he put on his bike sound outstanding!!




Here is Rodney, Tammy & David..Tammy & David live in the same apartment complex and she is alot of fun...



Russ & Linda arrive & I had to take this picture of Russ before he dismounted from his bike. He gives me fits about the camera, but it is his fault. He was instrumental in getting me my nickname (Snapshot) and I just try to live up to the expectations of the name..


David & Tammy as we wait outside for our table..


This is Amanda, Mike & Gloria's daughter.. She turned out okay, considering Big Mike is her daddy.... (grin)


And I think Gloria is going to claim all the credit for Amanda's goodness. How goes the saying...like Mother, like daughter?....Knowing Big Mike, I will go along with Gloria's claim...Until Mike shows up...Then I will agree with whatever Mike says....(grin). Until then, this is Gloria & Amanda..

Me and Sissy as we wait for our table...


Here is Kevin & Deborah outside Cheddar's..


Kevin, Deborah and Vicki waving at me as I continue to annoy people with the camera...


Lt. Ken from the Wichita County Sheriffs Office.. When I retired, I think he was a deputy. Now, four years later, he is an LT. Congratulations Ken on the promotion and thanks for all you do for the community.


Her is Pattie. She just got that new Ultra Classic and she really loves that bike..She has NO problems handling it. She rode it to the Hot Spring Rally & back and on the way back, rode through 5 straight hours of rain, as did Jim (her hubby), Lance, Debbie & Jeff.


Sissy's tats....


Sissy's tats II.. Ok, I'll fess up. Those are sleeves you can buy that look like tats. When I first saw them tonight I thought "Holy Crap!! She went nuts at that rally!" Then she pulled one of the sleeves up & showed me...


Here is Vicki, Rodney's wife.. She has that new white Harley and is always smiling. She is a sweet heart and Rodney done good when he married her....


David, me & Rodney...Rodney was feeling neglected so I kissed his forehead to let him know he was loved...All this and he still wouldn't buy me a beer. I was heartbroken until he brought me some ice water..( I can't drink do to A) I am a diabetic B) I almost destroyed my pancreas when I was younger and consumed large quantities of beer and stuff..


Here is Steve & Pattie inside as we wait for our table for 16..

Lance, Steve & Pattie inside Cheddar's


David, me & Rodney. Rodney is happy again, knowing that he is loved..


Our table finally arrived..Some sat here and we ran short three seats, so Kevin, David & Tammy sat behind us in a booth


Don't have a clue when this was taken or who took it, but this is our table...


Steve, Sissy & Pattie at the table...


Rodney talks to Tammy prior to her joining David & Kevin in the booth..


Here is Linda, Lance, Steve & Sissy


Lance, Steve & Sissy checking out the menu...


Kevin, Tammy & David behind us as I take an over the shoulder shot, like I do when we are running down the highway. I gotta say, it sure is alot easier here than it is on the motorcycle, bouncing around at 70+ mph..But fun none the less.


Kevin & David as I try another over the shoulder shot..

This is Jessica, Pattie & Jim's daughter. Pattie wanted me to take this picture & label it: unappropriate T-shirt for Jessica to wear..So, there it is...Listen to your Mom Jessica..I, on the other hand, like the T-shirt & may get Janice one..Then I will get to play in the dark because Janice will knock the crap outta me and cause my eyes to swell shut!!


David & Tammy. This was Tammy's first time out with us but I think she had a good time...


This is Deborah & Sarah. I have alot of pictures of Sarah I have taken down at the RRHD Harley Dealership and I did not know until tonight that she was Kevin & Deborah's granddaughter..I really hope that is what Deborah said because if she said daughter & I put granddaughter, I am a dead man...


Another of David & Tammy. I got an email from another friend today and RIDE TEXAS magazine, this month has a letter to the editor on page 16 from David about this blog..Thanks David for sending that in to the magazine. But like I tell everyone and all the folks I ride with know, that I may do this blog, but it belongs to ALL of us because all the bikers & friends that I take pictures of and write about are what makes it what it is. And I thank each & everyone of them!!


Amanda, Gloria & Deborah get ready to order..I was either really hungry or the food was really good tonight. And I do believe that Cheddar's got everyone's order right and out to us still hot!

Leaving, we run into Vince, a former co-worker who is also retired and was out celebrating his birthday today. I am just three days older than him as my 57th birthday was Saturday (9-13). Rodney, on the other hand, is the baby of us three. He is only a young upstart of 55..



A nighttime shot of Pattie's front fender


A nighttime shot of Pattie's instrument panel with Kevin & Deborah's Harley parked next to her bike..


A night time shot of Pattie's spider web & spider. This shot brings it out where you can see it better. The artist that did Pattie's & Sissy's bike was EXCELLANT!!. I hope to have my Harley by this time next year & I hope that guy is there next year..I am gonna look him up..


Last picture of the night is of Lance fixin' to depart the area.. He has two Harley's that I know of and both of them are as black as the ace of spades and he has a good time on both...

This will conclude this post. As always, I had a good time tonight and always do when I am with them. They put up with a lot of crap from me and I appreciate them remaining calm and not getting to the point of doing a tap dance on my butt. But I do look forward to our next group ride.

Scroll down for more rides, events, dinners & posts and don't forget to click on the "older posts" link at the bottom of EACH page for more posts back to January 08. Until the next ride & post, ya'll be careful out there, ride safe & keep the rubber on the road.........JOHN aka "Snapshot"

No comments: