THIS BLOG IS DEDICATED TO ALL BIKERS HERE IN THE U.S. AND WORLDWIDE. TO ALL VETERANS; THOSE LIVING AND TO THOSE WHO GAVE THE ULTIMATE SACRIFICE; TO THOSE CURRENTLY SERVING AND TO THOSE IN THE FUTURE, WHO WILL SERVE LONG AFTER WE HAVE GONE, TO PRESERVE THE FREEDOM THAT THOSE IN THE PAST, WE IN THE PRESENT AND THOSE IN THE FUTURE HAVE ENJOYED, ARE ENJOYING AND WILL ENJOY, AS WE RIDE FREE AND ENJOY LIFE ON OUR CHOSEN MODE OF TRANSPORTATION: MOTORCYCLES.

JOHN

NORTH TEXAS BIKERS




REMEMBER: IF YOU WANT TO SEE THE PICTURE BIGGER, JUST CLICK ON THE PICTURE.

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Mark's Ultra Classic 9-11-08

Today, Thursday, 9-11-08, I finally got hold of my good friend, Mark. Those of you who follow my other blog, John's Cops Stuff (http://jjscopstuff.blogspot.com/) already know him from there. Anyway, I had heard he bought himself a Harley Ultra Classic and wanted to join the Blue Knights. Besides doing honey do's (as a house husband), these blogs & riding Ms Clone everywhere, my other official title is President of the Blue Knights Texas Chapter 20 or, as we have it on our website & colors, Blue Knights Tx XX. see: http://www.blueknightstxxx.org/ . So, I called Mark, waited for him to return from Dallas Tx, and then I rode over to his house with his Blue Knights application. I also took my trusty camera and took the following pictures. Scroll down & meet Mark & his bike and you will being seeing alot more of him and Jennifer, his wife, in the days, weeks & months ahead as they join in on our scheduled rides & impromptu, thrown together last minute rides. REMEMBER: IF YOU WANT TO SEE IT BIGGER, JUST CLICK ON THE PICTURE.



This is Mark & his Harley Ultra Glide. Mark & I worked together for 20+ years and now we are both retired old farts. I retired in 2004 & he a year later in 2005.


Mark & his Harley. Mark says Jennifer loves riding on it. I know Jennifer & I believe it won't be long before they are riding side by side. I can picture her on her own bike. I also have to say, I have met alot of funny people in my lifetime but I think Jennifer has got to be the most hilarious female I know.


Mark next to his Harley. I asked him if he nicknamed it yet and he said no, but then he said "how about 'Money Pit'" because he went into the hole to get it...You can tell Mark has a very humorous side also...


Just like all of us, the cell phone rings at all the wrong times..While he chats to his brother in law, I walk around & take pics of him & "Money Pit', a temporary name, I assure you..


The instrument panel on Mark's Harley.


It was getting dark, so I went to a different setting on the camera to lighten it up a little


Gotta love those reflectors...


Here is the engine that belongs to Mark's Ultra Classic...Mark, my friend, ya done good! Can't wait for you to ride with us..

By the time I got home, it was dark & it didn't help matters any that all I took with me were my prescription sunglasses. Mark suggested I not wear them, but without them I am blind as a bat at night on the bike. Well, a bat is better at night due to that built in "radar" they have. We live fairly close to the stadium and Midwestern State University had a football game tonight as well as a fair set up in the parking lot..I had to stop & clean bugs off my sunglasses, so I took this picture of it...


Another view of the stadium & fair..The flash is automatic. Like it was gonna help...

This will conclude this post. Congrats to Mark & Jennifer on their Harley. Look forward to riding with you two. Be sure to scroll down for more rides, events & posts. Be sure to click on the "older posts" link at the bottom of EACH page for more posts, back to January 08. Until next ride and post, ya'll be careful out there, ride safe, keep your night vision handy & keep the rubber on the road........JOHN

No comments: