THIS BLOG IS DEDICATED TO ALL BIKERS HERE IN THE U.S. AND WORLDWIDE. TO ALL VETERANS; THOSE LIVING AND TO THOSE WHO GAVE THE ULTIMATE SACRIFICE; TO THOSE CURRENTLY SERVING AND TO THOSE IN THE FUTURE, WHO WILL SERVE LONG AFTER WE HAVE GONE, TO PRESERVE THE FREEDOM THAT THOSE IN THE PAST, WE IN THE PRESENT AND THOSE IN THE FUTURE HAVE ENJOYED, ARE ENJOYING AND WILL ENJOY, AS WE RIDE FREE AND ENJOY LIFE ON OUR CHOSEN MODE OF TRANSPORTATION: MOTORCYCLES.

JOHN

NORTH TEXAS BIKERS




REMEMBER: IF YOU WANT TO SEE THE PICTURE BIGGER, JUST CLICK ON THE PICTURE.

Thursday, July 10, 2008

Around The Town On the Bikes 7-10-08

On Thursday, 7-10-08, David & I met the other retired guys in Iowa Park, Texas for our Thursday morning breakfast get together.(See http://www.jjscopstuff.blogspot.com/)
Following that, David & I went to the bank and then to other places.. We were originally going to make a run South, past Ft. Worth, to Granbury Texas. Then we changed our minds & decided to go to St. Jo, Texas to the Biker Roadhouse as David has never been there and I was going to introduce him to Toxie, the owner of the Biker Roadhouse. Then, we changed our minds again & stayed here in Wichita Falls, Texas and went to several places including Eddie Hills. Scroll on down for today's mini adventure and meet some of the guys with bikes and more folks in the area that we do business with & David bugs to death..(grin). Don't forget to click on the "older posts" link at the bottom of each page for more rides/events & posts. REMEMBER: IF YOU WANT TO SEE THE PICTURE BIGGER, JUST CLICK ON THE PICTURE.



Before leaving Iowa Park Texas this morning, I got Bo to stand by his Harley..Bo & I were motorcycle officers together back in the 80's.



This is Bo's Harley. It is a good looking bike, and when he gets the time, we hope he starts going on runs with us..He is a good guy and a great friend..

This is Greg's instrument panel on his Harley..

This is Greg's Harley which has the same paint scheme as Bo's but Bo's is a Road King & Greg's is an Ultra Classic...Both great looking bikes...



Here is Greg putting his 6'8" frame onto the bike..And that mesh jacket is the kind that you squirt water on and it keeps you cool on hot days.


This is Greg by his bike. He is in charge of the Rider's Edge Program out at the Red River Harley-Davidson Dealership, here in Wichita Falls, Texas..For more info on the Red River Harley-Davidson Dealership & some great buys on even greater bikes, and info on the Rider's Edge Program, click the following link: http://redriverharley-davidson.com/


Here is David's Goldwing..He said he was going to make darn sure that he put gas in his tank before we went anywhere this time..Scroll on down and see the post where David ran out of gas in the "middle of nowhere", Oklahoma....I, being the great friend that I am, photo documented it and put it on this blog..


Here is Miss Clone, the name I affectionately call my Vulcan, for obvious reasons. Say what you will, I have had her for 6 months and have put 11,000 miles on her with zero problems..But I am upgrading here in the near future...


After leaving Iowa Park, Texas, David & I rode out to the American National Bank at Maplewood/Midwestern Parkway in Wichita Falls. There we continued the saga of the bank employees..Here is Maria. Maria was not happy that her coworkers were on my blog (a few posts ago) and she wasn't included. I told her David was shaking so hard when he took her picture, that it was blurred and unusable.(David is infatuated with her). So, I, being the calm, steady person that I am, took this picture. Maria, you are now included!!


This is Jennifer another teller at the bank. Her boyfriend rides a Harley and they are now on my ride mailing list. So, you may be seeing her & her boyfriend, Dustin, in some future ride posts.


This is Nora, the New Accounts person at the bank..We are almost related as she is my son-in-law's aunt..She has been on the bank billboards all over town for the past 18 months and is a sweetheart.


This is Shelby, another teller at the bank. When she found about her coworkers pictures on the blog/Internet, she readily agreed to have her pic taken and be included..Here's Shelby..


This is Terry, whose feelings were hurt because we hadn't taken her picture..Situation remedied...Here's Terry scolding us for ignoring her..

This is Holly. You met Holly in the last post we did on the bank trip..She & her husband Scott are also on my ride mailing list..Holly told me that they are going to the "Thunder in the Wichita's" Run, here in the next month or two.


We left the bank and went across the street to the ReMax Realtors. David is looking at a house that our former chief is offering, and he wanted to check in with him..Here is David & the bikes outside ReMax Realtor's. If you're looking for a house in the Wichita Falls Texas area, consider using Linda Ammons or Ken Coughlin as your real estate agents..We bought our house with Linda's help as did our daughter Amanda. David is using Ken. They will do you right. For more info click on the following link: http://www.remax-wichitafalls-tx.com/


We left the realtor's and went down the street to Tractor Supply to purchase, you guessed it: Anti Monkey Butt Powder, something EVERY biker needs. I just ordered 3 bottles of it off the Internet and the guys told me this morning that they carried it locally..So, I have 1 now..http://www.antimonkeybutt.com/


We left Tractor Supply and headed downtown to Eddie Hills Fun Cycles. We wanted to check out the leather vests for David, as he decided he needed one to have his Blue Knights colors put on. We are both members of the Blue Knights Texas XX LE M/C. Here is a pic of David rolling Northbound on US 287.

This is the sales staff at Eddie Hills. Left to right: Trey, Tosca, Monty (Sales Manager) , Russ & Mark. Now, before all my friends that I ride with that own Harley's get onto me, I plan on going out to Red River Harley Davidson, next Thursday and get pics of their sales staff and feature them next week. I am sure I can count on Greg's help...But check out Eddie Hills at: http://www.eddiehillsfuncycles.com/


While at Eddie Hills, we got talking to Joan & Rick, pictured above. They are from Wesley Chapel, Florida which is just North of Tampa. They had been on a run to Colorado, Montana, Kansas, & Wyoming and are in the process of returning home. They made a stop here in Wichita Falls Texas, at Eddie Hills, to get a couple of new tires put on their Goldwing. Joan is wearing the "moon boot" on her left leg due to making a successful solo run on the Goldwing and upon returning to Rick, she dropped the Goldwing on her leg & foot. Ouch!! I did the same thing when I forgot to put the kickstand down and when I fell, I got pinned under my bike due to being right next to a car and I couldn't get away from the bike before it went down....So, it happens every now and then and all part of the motorcycle life..


This is Mark, one of the salesmen at Eddie Hills. I use Mark as my salesman when I purchase bikes. He does that stunt riding stuff on those dirt bikes.. Crazy!! I'll take my chances out on the road with the cages where it's a little more safe...In my opinion of course..And we all know what opinions are, right? (grin). Mark knows his bikes and can help you find one to fit your needs & wants...and he has helped me pick out accessories as well.


This is Chris, the service writer, at Eddie Hills. He is the one who put me onto the local message board , which I now have in my favorite links. See this link:(http://www.wfsb.yuku.com/)


The sales staff at Eddie Hills: left to right: Trey, Tosca, Mark, Monty (Sales Manager) , Roger & Russ. Stop in and see them and check out the bikes..They will treat you right and are all very professional & very knowledgeable about the bikes and accessories. A great bunch of folks...


On the way home, I stopped at Wal-Mart to get a 2 gig memory card for my camera. (I'm sure those that I ride with will be more than thrilled with this little bit of information as they have just bestowed upon me the nickname of "Snapshot" due to me bugging the crap out of them for pics on all the rides..) I was getting ready to leave when I heard "Motorcycle Mommy! He's got a motorcycle". I turned and looked and saw this cute little kiddo looking at the bike. I asked her if she wanted to sit on it and get her picture made..Her mom brought her over and the above pic is of Ella sitting on the bike and her mom Emily, making sure she didn't fall off. Come to find out, Ella's daddy has a bike. Small world eh?

That will conclude this post. Tomorrow, we are supposed to ride to St. Jo Texas but who knows? Scroll on down for more rides/events & posts and be sure to click on the "older posts" link at the bottom of EACH page for more of the same, back to January 08. Until next ride/event & post, be careful out there, ride safe and keep the rubber on the road.............JOHN aka "Snapshot"






No comments: