THIS BLOG IS DEDICATED TO ALL BIKERS HERE IN THE U.S. AND WORLDWIDE. TO ALL VETERANS; THOSE LIVING AND TO THOSE WHO GAVE THE ULTIMATE SACRIFICE; TO THOSE CURRENTLY SERVING AND TO THOSE IN THE FUTURE, WHO WILL SERVE LONG AFTER WE HAVE GONE, TO PRESERVE THE FREEDOM THAT THOSE IN THE PAST, WE IN THE PRESENT AND THOSE IN THE FUTURE HAVE ENJOYED, ARE ENJOYING AND WILL ENJOY, AS WE RIDE FREE AND ENJOY LIFE ON OUR CHOSEN MODE OF TRANSPORTATION: MOTORCYCLES.

JOHN

NORTH TEXAS BIKERS




REMEMBER: IF YOU WANT TO SEE THE PICTURE BIGGER, JUST CLICK ON THE PICTURE.

Sunday, July 6, 2008

Medicine Park, Chaps My Ass & Mt. Scott Run 7-5-08 Part 1

On Saturday, 7-5-08, Russ put together a run to Medicine Park, Chaps My Ass & Mt. Scott in Oklahoma. We were originally going to eat at Meers in the Wichita Mountains but when we found out it would be an hour and a half wait, outside in the high 90 degree weather, we opted for the Old Plantation Cafe in Medicine Park Oklahoma..It was also on this run, that the group, at Russ's urging, gave me the nickname of "Snapshot" because I drive everyone nuts with my picture taking..So, without further ado, scroll down & enjoy this run with us and be sure to click on the "older posts" link at the bottom of EACH page for more rides/events & posts back to January 08. REMEMBER: IF YOU WANT TO SEE THE PICTURE BIGGER, SIMPLY CLICK ON THE PICTURE.

I call my motorcycle "Miss Clone"for obvious reasons. Well, Miss Clone was all nasty dirty from the run to Ft. Richardson last weekend and before we set off today, she got a bath.


Miss Clone gets thoroughly washed...Got all that road grime off her so we could put a fresh layer of it on her today...Also, Janice, my wife, went on her first ever run with us today. Made the ride a little bit better for me...And, other than her butt hurting near the end, she had fun..We left here at 3 p.m. & got back at 10 p.m and only put about 180 miles on the bike...


Here is Janice & Sissy at the rally point, I-44 & Missile Rd..Sissy was glad Janice finally made it..Of course, Janice is wearing my extreme hot weather under armor white shirt..I wore my black long sleeve "Bashful Bandit" shirt from Tucson..It was in the upper 90's


Here is the group that went today: Left to right: Linda, Janice, Andre,Me, John, Lance, Alan, Russ, Alyssa, David, Robbie, Mike, Sissy, Debra, Robert, Leland, Kevin & Patti squatting in front.


The group: Left to right: Linda, Andre, Janice,John,Lance, Russ, Alan Alyssa, David, Robbie, Mike, Sissy,Debra, Robert, Leland, Kevin and Patti out front kneeling


The group heads out Northbound on I-44

The group Northbound on I-44



Still Northbound on I-44. We took I-44 to Hwy 70 in Oklahoma & then went East on Hwy 70 to avoid the Turnpike tolls.


I-44 Northbound to Burkburnett Texas to pick up Andre's passenger


In Burkburnett Texas, we stopped while Andre got his passenger, Keri.. While we waited, I took pictures. Here is Janice (another Janice, not my wife Janice) on her Harley..Unfortunately, Janice got sick and had to turn around and go home.



Sissy & Alan wait in the shade in Burkburnett Texas.. I think the neighbors thought they'd been invaded by bikes...


Here is Steve, Sissy's husband, waiting in the shade


Some of the neighborhood kiddo's came around..Mike put Ashton on his motorcycle. You could tell she liked it.


Then Mike put Antonio on the bike and she loved it as well..


Looking at some of the bikes stopped in front of me. That is Lance's Harley directly in front of me.

That will conclude Part 1. Scroll down for Parts 2 & 3 and be sure to click on the "older posts" link at the bottom of each page for more rides/events & posts back to January 08. Until next ride/event/post, ya'll be careful out there, ride safe & keep the rubber on the road.....................John A.K.A. "Snapshot"




No comments: