THIS BLOG IS DEDICATED TO ALL BIKERS HERE IN THE U.S. AND WORLDWIDE. TO ALL VETERANS; THOSE LIVING AND TO THOSE WHO GAVE THE ULTIMATE SACRIFICE; TO THOSE CURRENTLY SERVING AND TO THOSE IN THE FUTURE, WHO WILL SERVE LONG AFTER WE HAVE GONE, TO PRESERVE THE FREEDOM THAT THOSE IN THE PAST, WE IN THE PRESENT AND THOSE IN THE FUTURE HAVE ENJOYED, ARE ENJOYING AND WILL ENJOY, AS WE RIDE FREE AND ENJOY LIFE ON OUR CHOSEN MODE OF TRANSPORTATION: MOTORCYCLES.

JOHN

NORTH TEXAS BIKERS




REMEMBER: IF YOU WANT TO SEE THE PICTURE BIGGER, JUST CLICK ON THE PICTURE.

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Best Business To Get Patches Sewn On Vests in North Texas & Southern Oklahoma 7-9-08

Over the course of my m/c riding career here in North Texas, I have travelled long distances to get patches for my vests. I have travelled to Chaps My Ass in Medicine Park, Oklahoma (w.chapsmyass.com/), to the Biker Roadhouse in St. Jo, Texas (http://www.bikerroadhouse.com/) and to the Red River Harley Davidson Dealership, here in Wichita Falls, Texas (http://redriverharley-davidson.com/). Buying the patches was one thing, getting them sewn on my vests at reasonable rates was something else entirely. I checked around and Pattie told me about Surles Loan on Burkburnett Road (Surles does not currently have a website) in Wichita Falls out by Sheppard AFB, (http://www.sheppard.af.mil/). The following post is about Sheila the seamstress at Surles, about her quality work & VERY, VERY reasonable prices. Scroll down for the post & see why we get our motorcycle patches put on our vests by Sheila. Continue scrolling down for other motorcycle runs/events & posts. Click on the "Older Posts" at the bottom of each page for even more of the same, back to Jan. 08. REMEMBER: IF YOU WANT TO SEE THE PICTURE LARGER, CLICK ON THE PICTURE...



This is Sheila. She is the seamstress that we use to sew our patches on our m/c vests. Why? Because Sheila does excellent work and her prices are excellent. In addition to sewing patches on our vests, she also sews the stripes, patches & name tags on military uniforms as well as for some of our Law Enforcement agencies here in the Wichita Falls area. She also MAKES name tags for our vests, military uniforms & for the Boy Scouts & Girl Scouts. Sheila also, is quick in returning your items, usually within a day or two. Sheila advised me that if it is an emergency, she will sew the items on while you wait and you can even call her on her cell if she is not at work, for EMERGENCY work only, and she will sew whatever you need right then. Not many people like her around anymore and I do not know any that would do that here in Wichita Falls. I will give her phone numbers that she gave me at the end of this post. Sheila has given me permission to put the numbers on this post and the photo's of her that I took at Surles.

The next few photos will show the work she does and she said I could put how much she charges so you will know what to expect when using her as your seamstress and you can compare this with others that you may know of here in the area. I have talked to several people that ride motorcycles, here in North Texas, that wear vests and they advise me that Sheila beats the competition by a long shot. Now, the above is my regular riding vest. She put on the center two patches that you see above. (Geezer Glide & Fonda thing)


On the front, she put the US flag, POW/MIA patch, Texas Flag & my PGR patch. Her price for this was between $10-$12 dollars. Sure beats the $5 a patch that others charge. And these things are on the vest for the duration. I examined the patches closely and they are on firmly with no loose corners. Sheila does an excellent job. Now the next two pics are of my Blue Knights vest and what she charged is going to rock you where you sit....

This is the front of my Blue Knights vest. On the front she put both the US and Texas flag patches & my President's patch. (You can get a quality leather vest with inside pockets for $39 at http://www.eddiehillsfuncycles.com/)



On the back, she put our colors. The top rocker, the club insignia and bottom rocker...Out the door price was only $14 for the entire thing. She did all this and I was charged the VERY reasonable rate, just as you will be. After seeing the quality of her work, I asked Sheila if I could do a post on her because I believe that, with all the bikers here in North Texas & Southern Oklahoma, that they would want to know about her & her work..I think all you bikers, guys & gals, should contact Sheila & have her do your work for you. I also asked her if it would be possible for her to start carrying biker patches, so we did not have to travel 60-70 miles to buy some or have to wait for them to come in if we order them over the Internet. She is currently looking into getting the biker patches..(Thank You God!)


Here is some of her finished work.She does military fatigues, dress uniforms police uniforms etc. The two shirts that are reflecting back at you are police shirts with the reflective patches & lettering on the back. She even does Marine Corp uniforms....ooorah! (http://www.marines.mil/Pages/Default.aspx)


On the wall behind her, Sheila has a display of all the units that she has sewn patches on for..There are all branches of the military & several police & other law enforcement agencies. I hope to get it to where she has a separate board of all our different biker patches & club insignia's in the North Texas & Southern Oklahoma area, as well as from some of you that may stop by, passing through on a road trip. Feel free to e-mail me if you are passing through & I will meet you somewhere and take you to Surles. I am retired, so I have plenty of time, plus it will get me out of the house and on the bike and I ride everywhere.

This is Don, Owner of Surles Loan and Sheila's dad. He is hilarious & can tell ya some stories & tales while you wait..He is one of the good guys.


When I stopped by Surles today to drop off my Blue Knight's vest to get some more patches put on (went to St. Jo that morning. 140 miles round trip just for the patches. Plus I got to yak at Toxie & the crew at the Biker Roadhouse), Pattie was there. Since Pattie told me about Sheila, I got a pic of both of them. Pattie has her own Harley and rides ALL the time. And yes, that is Captain Pattie...


Also, while at Surles, Patties daughter,Jessica, stopped in to talk to her mom..Jessica just finished the Riders Edge program put on by Red River Harley Davidson. She did the course on the Buell motorcycles that Harley uses for the course..I do believe we have another Harley rider in the making.


Surles Loan is located at 4132 Burkburnett Rd, Wichita Falls Texas (just North of the main gate of SAFB on the West side of the street). Sheila can be reached at the following numbers: at Surles Loan: 940-855-3241. Sheila's cell: 940-636-9565. You might want to call her first & make sure she is there. Her hours vary & she is a working mom, so you know how it goes with kids. Surles Loan is also a pawn shop, so you can browse around while waiting for your items to be sewn on (if that's the arrangement), and maybe see something that you want to buy. They have tools, guns, games, movies, jewelry etc. All the items that Pawn shops are noted for. And like I said earlier, Don is hilarious. Between Sheila & Don, your trip there will be enjoyable. And you will leave there pleased with Sheila's workmanship and VERY reasonable price.. I HIGHLY recommend Sheila as your seamstress, no matter what the need.

That will conclude this informative post.I hope you give Sheila a call and give her your business. Don't for get to click on the "other posts" link at the bottom of each page for more rides/events & posts. Until next post, ya'll be careful out there, ride safe & keep the rubber on the road and your head on a swivel......JOHN


No comments: