THIS BLOG IS DEDICATED TO ALL BIKERS HERE IN THE U.S. AND WORLDWIDE. TO ALL VETERANS; THOSE LIVING AND TO THOSE WHO GAVE THE ULTIMATE SACRIFICE; TO THOSE CURRENTLY SERVING AND TO THOSE IN THE FUTURE, WHO WILL SERVE LONG AFTER WE HAVE GONE, TO PRESERVE THE FREEDOM THAT THOSE IN THE PAST, WE IN THE PRESENT AND THOSE IN THE FUTURE HAVE ENJOYED, ARE ENJOYING AND WILL ENJOY, AS WE RIDE FREE AND ENJOY LIFE ON OUR CHOSEN MODE OF TRANSPORTATION: MOTORCYCLES.

JOHN

NORTH TEXAS BIKERS




REMEMBER: IF YOU WANT TO SEE THE PICTURE BIGGER, JUST CLICK ON THE PICTURE.

Saturday, July 12, 2008

H.O.G. Chapter Meeting & Dinner Run 7-12-08 Part I

On Saturday evening, 7-12-08, I was invited to attend the local H.O.G. Chapter Meeting & Dinner Run by several members. Sissy also wanted me to take pictures & do a post on my blog. I told her that I didn't know about 75% or more of the members and her response was: "don't worry about it". So, I went to the meeting and dinner run & didn't worry about it..As a matter of fact, I started meeting people today and remembering their names. So, those of you that are pictured & not named, give me a few more times & I should get most of you remembered..But, then again, I am at the age where C.R.S. runs rampant. Bear with me, is all that I ask. I also feel awkward in the fact that I owned a Harley when H.O.G. was formed, way back when, but I do not currently own a Harley nor am I a member of H.O.G. I plan to remedy that in the near future..So, scroll down for Part I of the H.O.G. Chapter Meeting & Dinner Run. REMEMBER: IF YOU WANT TO SEE THE PICTURE BIGGER, JUST CLICK ON THE PICTURE..


Upon entering Red River Harley-Davidson Saturday, I was greeted by smiling faces at the door...I felt like a wolf in sheep's clothing....This is Sharon, one of the owners of Red River Harley-Davidson


A short time later, my friend and former partner in crime arrived. Here is Rodney, all grins & he was introduced at the meeting as a new H.O.G. member. Now, I know almost all of you reading this post knows what H.O.G. is..But for those of you who have no clue, it stands for Harley Owners Group. For a brief history, click on the following link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harley_Owners_Group

Here is Steve at the sign in table as well as the table where the door prize tickets are purchased. Rodney is on the other side of Steve, signing in...


Here are Sissy & the current local H.O.G. Chapter director, LeRoy..


Here is Leland, fresh out of the hospital from having a stint put in..He can drive a four wheeler now, but will soon be back in the wind on his Harley..Heal quick Leland...


Here is Lance talking to Leland. Rodney fills out some paperwork behind Lance, and Rodney's daughter, Rianne looks on..


Here is Jim, Patties husband. He has put together a ride, this Monday, for the Blue Knights Texas XX. I asked him where we were going and he said "South". South is good...

Big Mike says I am driving him to normalcy with my picture taking...


A view of the showroom floor from the 2nd floor meeting room..I want the first 105th Anniversary in the line,(with the saddlebags, faring & backrest...) Anyone have 20 grand I can borrow?

Another view of the showroom..


Here is that big Harley-Davidson sign, up close, that I usually see from the ground floor when I raise my eyes to heaven & ask God to let me find 20 grand or so..After all, He rides a Harley, doesn't He? That's what they have always said...This is Mike in the chair & Sharon behind him and Darrell, one of the Road Captains is in the red shirt next to Sharon, & Greg is in the black shirt


Greg, a former co-worker and good friend, arrives upstairs from his office downstairs...


Mike addresses the H.O.G. membership..If my memory serves me correctly, they were trying to line up destinations as to where to go on the dinner runs. Left to right: LeRoy, Mike & Gene (Sharon's husband and one of the owners of Red River Harley-Davidson)


Pattie & Leland (both in the black shirts) listening & checking out the membership present..


Mike, in the chair, Greg, Sharon, Rob (General Manager of Red River Harley Davidson), Helen (white shirt next to Sissy) Sissy & Lance, (directly in front of the fireplace in the dark shirts), & Gloria (Big Mike's wife) and the back of Steve's head (Sissy's husband), are taking in the information the speaker is giving to the members..


Sharon, Big Mike, Rob, Helen, Sissy, Jim & Gloria are enjoying the meeting. Ya can tell by the grins...


Row one: Left to right: Tybee (blue hair), Tammy, Tim, then Pattie & Leland in the dark shirts, are listening intently to LeRoy as he goes into some Chapter business.

This will conclude Part I. Scroll down and continue the local H.O.G. Chapter Meeting & Dinner Run Part II. Be sure to click on the "older posts" link on the bottom of EACH page for more rides/events & posts going back to January 08. Until the next ride/post, ya'll be careful out there, ride safe & keep the rubber on the road............John aka "Snapshot"



No comments: