THIS BLOG IS DEDICATED TO ALL BIKERS HERE IN THE U.S. AND WORLDWIDE. TO ALL VETERANS; THOSE LIVING AND TO THOSE WHO GAVE THE ULTIMATE SACRIFICE; TO THOSE CURRENTLY SERVING AND TO THOSE IN THE FUTURE, WHO WILL SERVE LONG AFTER WE HAVE GONE, TO PRESERVE THE FREEDOM THAT THOSE IN THE PAST, WE IN THE PRESENT AND THOSE IN THE FUTURE HAVE ENJOYED, ARE ENJOYING AND WILL ENJOY, AS WE RIDE FREE AND ENJOY LIFE ON OUR CHOSEN MODE OF TRANSPORTATION: MOTORCYCLES.

JOHN

NORTH TEXAS BIKERS




REMEMBER: IF YOU WANT TO SEE THE PICTURE BIGGER, JUST CLICK ON THE PICTURE.

Thursday, July 3, 2008

Lessons Learned 7-3-08

On Thursday, 7-3-08, after our breakfast in Iowa Park Texas with our fellow retirees (see www.jjscopstuff.blogspot.com ), David and I went, yet again, to Lawton Oklahoma so he could take care of some personal business and meet up with his daughter & grand kids. Scroll down & check out this short but eventful ride as David learns a valuable lesson in motorcycle riding. Continue scrolling down and check out more motorcycle rides/events & posts. Be sure to click on the older posts link at the bottom of each page to go to more of the same, back to Jan 08. REMEMBER: if ya want to see the picture BIGGER, click on the picture...



David cruising down Iowa Park Rd, Bus.Hwy 287



We got into Oklahoma and took a route around the I-44 turnpike..We got approximately five miles from Walters Oklahoma and I was riding slightly in front of David listening to his radio that he had cranked up, when I noticed the radio getting fainter. I looked back and David was pulling over. I went back to check and see what was up. David had run out of gas!!! I turned around and went to Walters & got some gas and drove back to David's location...This is David walking to his bike with the gas can..


This is David putting the spout on the gas can....



This is David adding gas to his tank...


This is an embarrassed David putting the gas into his tank...Nothing is sacred to me, I take pictures of everything!! Lesson learned: ya gotta have gas to make it to your destination...I was not laughing AT David, I was laughing WITH David.


We made it into Lawton Oklahoma and met up with David's daughter and kids at The Outback Restaurant. Here is David, his daughter and kiddos


We went separate ways in Lawton..David went to help his daughter with some stuff at her place and I headed back to Texas..On the way back, while on Hwy281/277, my 6 month old motorcycle hit 10,000 miles.



They were calling for thunderstorms in Texas and as I headed back, the fluffy clouds started to show up with a little gray in them...



I had to stop by the city sign for Geronimo Oklahoma.


The bike and the Geronimo Oklahoma sign..


Got back to Texas at about 2:30 p.m. Although I pass the Texas state line sign all the time, I have never stopped to take a picture of it..Since I was by myself, I stopped and here it is...


The bike at the Texas state Line.

This will conclude this post. Scroll down and enjoy more motorcycle rides/events post and remember to click on the older posts link at the bottom of each page for even more, all the way back to January 08. So until next ride/post, ya'll have a happy and safe 4th of July. Be careful out there, ride safe & keep the rubber on the road..............John

No comments: